A tuna melt is a classic sandwich that is loved by many for its creamy tuna salad, melted cheese, and crunchy bread. But what should you serve with a tuna melt? In this article, we’ll explore some tasty side dishes and accompaniments that go well with a tuna melt.
- Soup: A bowl of soup is a classic side dish that pairs well with a tuna melt. Tomato soup is a popular choice, but you can also try cream of mushroom soup, vegetable soup, or chicken noodle soup. The warm and comforting soup balances the richness of the tuna melt, creating a satisfying meal.
- Salad: A fresh and crisp salad is a great accompaniment to a tuna melt. You can opt for a simple green salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers, or try a more complex salad with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, and a tangy vinaigrette. A salad adds some healthy greens to your meal and helps balance out the richness of the tuna melt.
- Chips: A side of chips or French fries is a classic choice for pairing with a tuna melt. The crispy and salty chips add some texture to the meal, and the saltiness complements the flavors of the sandwich. You can also try sweet potato fries or baked potato wedges for a healthier option.
- Pickles: Pickles are a classic accompaniment to a sandwich, and they work particularly well with a tuna melt. The tangy and acidic flavor of pickles helps cut through the richness of the tuna salad and cheese. You can serve dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, or pickled vegetables like carrots and cauliflower.
- Fruit: A side of fruit is a refreshing and healthy option to serve with a tuna melt. You can try fresh berries, sliced apples, or a fruit salad. The sweetness of the fruit provides a nice contrast to the savory flavors of the sandwich.
A tuna melt pairs well with a variety of sides and accompaniments. From soup and salad to chips and pickles, there are many options to choose from. Experiment with different sides to find the perfect combination for your taste preferences.