There are many variations of the classic Tuna Melt recipe, but here is a simple, delicious, and quick version that is widely loved:
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, mayonnaise, chopped celery, chopped onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Spread a generous layer of the tuna mixture on top of each toasted bread slice.
- Top each slice with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Place the bread slices back in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the Tuna Melts from the oven and serve hot.
This classic Tuna Melt recipe is simple, easy to make, and delicious. The combination of creamy tuna salad with cheddar cheese is a classic flavor pairing that is hard to resist. It’s a perfect dish for a quick lunch or dinner, and you can easily customize it by adding other ingredients like tomatoes, avocado, or bacon. Give this classic Tuna Melt recipe a try and enjoy its comforting and satisfying flavor.