If you love the classic tuna melt sandwich but are looking for a lighter and healthier version, look no further than this Tuna Melt Salad recipe! This recipe is a fresh and delicious take on the classic sandwich, and it’s perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy the flavors of a tuna melt without all the bread.
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of diced pickles
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, red onion, celery, pickles, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place the mixed salad greens in a large salad bowl.
- Spoon the tuna mixture on top of the salad greens.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the tuna mixture.
- Serve the Tuna Melt Salad and enjoy!
Why This Recipe is Great:
- Lighter and healthier: This recipe is a lighter and healthier version of the classic tuna melt sandwich, making it perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy the flavors without all the bread.
- Quick and easy to make: This recipe is quick and easy, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a last-minute lunch.
- Delicious flavor combination: The combination of tuna, pickles, and cheddar cheese gives this salad a delicious flavor that’s sure to satisfy.
- Versatile: This recipe can be easily customized to suit your tastes. Add extra veggies or switch up the cheese to create a whole new flavor profile.
If you’re looking for a lighter and healthier take on the classic tuna melt sandwich, give this Tuna Melt Salad recipe a try. With its delicious flavor combination and easy-to-make recipe, it’s the perfect choice for anyone looking for a fresh and tasty meal.