- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 2 tbsp of diced celery (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of bread (your choice of bread)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, red onion, celery (if using), Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Toast the bread slices to your desired level of crispiness.
- On each of the four bread slices, place a slice of cheddar cheese, followed by two slices of bacon.
- Spoon the tuna mixture evenly over the bacon slices.
- Place another slice of cheddar cheese on top of the tuna mixture.
- Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the sandwiches cool for a minute before serving.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve hot.
The combination of crispy bacon with creamy tuna and melted cheese makes for a satisfying and delicious Tuna Melt with Bacon. Enjoy!