If you’re a fan of tuna melt sandwiches but want to switch things up, try making a tuna melt wrap! This fun twist on the classic sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
To make a tuna melt wrap, start by preparing your tuna mixture. You can use your favorite tuna salad recipe or keep it simple by mixing canned tuna with mayonnaise and a little bit of salt and pepper. Once you have your tuna mixture ready, it’s time to assemble the wrap.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Large tortilla wrap
- Tuna mixture
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Lay the tortilla wrap flat on a clean surface.
- Spread a generous amount of tuna mixture onto the center of the wrap, leaving about 1 inch of space from the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the tuna mixture.
- Add chopped lettuce and diced tomato on top of the cheese.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla wrap inward, then roll the wrap tightly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the wrap seam-side down and cook until the tortilla is golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the wrap over and cook on the other side until golden brown and crispy, another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and let cool for a minute or two before slicing into rounds.
That’s it! Your tuna melt wrap is ready to serve. You can enjoy it as is, or serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.
The great thing about a tuna melt wrap is that you can customize it to your liking. Add some diced avocado or cucumber for extra flavor and crunch, or switch up the type of cheese you use. You can even try using a flavored tortilla wrap, like spinach or tomato, to add some extra color to your dish.
In conclusion, a tuna melt wrap is a fun and delicious way to enjoy the classic tuna melt sandwich. With just a few simple ingredients and some quick assembly, you can have a tasty meal in no time. Give this recipe a try and see how much you love it!